Check the status of your local WiFi network to ensure your internet connection is online.
Your Aera diffuser connects to the app using 3 steps: Connecting device to WiFi, connecting device to cloud, and registering the device. The app will display a red “X” next to the step that resulted in the error.
Error occurs during “Connecting device to WiFi”
Reboot your WiFi by unplugging your router (or your modem & router if they are separate) from power for 3 minutes, then plug it back in. While WiFi is working fine on your laptops/phones, sometimes it needs a reboot to accept a new WiFi device to connect to it.
Once it has had time to boot back up completely, follow these steps to reset the diffuser and connect it to the app:
- Press and hold both “+” and “-” on the top of your diffuser at the same time for 10 seconds, and release.
- All 10 lights will blink once, signaling the start of the reboot.
- All 10 lights will blink three more times, signaling the completion of the reboot.
- Open the Aeraforhome app, and it should either begin configuration automatically, or you can go to Menu > My Aera and tap "+" to add a device.
Note: Connecting your Aera to a mesh WiFi system? Try creating a Guest network, and connect your Aera to that network.
Error occurs during “Connecting device to cloud”
Server is temporarily unavailable. Try again after 60 minutes.
Error occurs during “Registering Device”
Reinstall the AeraForHome app and reboot your device by following these steps:
- Uninstall the AeraForHome app.
- Restart your phone. (turn it off and back on)
- Reinstall the AeraForHome app.
- Reboot your diffuser:
- Press and hold the "+" and "-" buttons on your diffuser at the same time for 10 seconds, and release.
- All lights will flash once, then flash three more times.
- Open your AeraForHome app, sign back in, and follow the on-screen instructions to add your device.