Aera’s advanced technology creates a safe to breath, discernable scent effect with less than 10ppm (parts per million) concentration of fragrance in the air. This means that in every million molecules of air, fewer than 10 are fragrance molecules. All fragrance ingredients are approved by the IFRA (International Fragrance Association) for safe use in air fresheners. The scent effect complies with the workplace continuous inhalation standards of the Occupational Health and Safety Administrations (OSHA); and the state of California’s Office of Health Hazard Assessment. Aera is also compliant with the State of California’s regulation on the VOCs in consumer products. Due to the extremely low concentration of fragrance material in the air to create a scent effect, the scenting technology itself can be responsibly characterized as hypoallergenic.
Important Safety Instructions
Instructions Pertaining to a Risk of Fire, Electric Shock, or Injury to Persons
- Aera is built to be plugged into an 110VAC or 220VAC power outlet.
- Aera must be used only with the approved and included power cord.
- The UL and CE compliant power supply converts power to 15DC to power the diffuser.
- The diffuser must only be powered at Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV).
- If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons to avoid a potential hazard.
When using electric products, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions in this online User Guide before using Aera.
- Do not put fingers or objects other than Aera fragrance capsules into the product.
- The diffuser must be operated in an upright or vertical position.
- To reduce the risk of injury, close supervision is necessary when this product is used in the presence of children.
- Never put your nose close to the output of Aera. The fragrance is highly concentrated within 12 inches of the diffuser. The improper inhalation of high concentrations of fragrance may cause irritation including watery eyes, headache, cough, and upper respiratory discomfort.
- Unplug Aera before cleaning or moving.
- It is recommended that the user periodically remove the diffuser power plug from the wall to test and reset the GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) breaker in the center of the wall outlet.
FCC Statement – Class B Digital Diffuser
This diffuser complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this diffuser may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this diffuser must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital diffuser, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy. If not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, this equipment may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment under FCC rules
Fragrance Capsule Precautions
- Use only Aera fragrance capsules with the Aera diffuser.
- Wash your hands after all contact with capsules or fragrance. The concentrated nature of the pure fragrance oils may make the scent difficult to remove from hands and skin.
- If there is contact with the eyes, irrigate the eye with fresh water for 5 minutes. If there is any eye irritation, consult a physician immediately.
IMPORTANT: Always keep plugs in capsules when not in use. If you have misplaced the original plugs from the fragrance capsule you are removing from your diffuser, you may use the plugs from the new capsule being inserted.
- Aera is a precision engineered electronic appliance. Treat it like you would any other high-tech device, such as a laptop.
- Do not place or store the Aera diffuser or capsules in extreme heat (more than 130° F) or in freezing temperatures. Aera is designed to work best at room temperature – and only indoors.
- Do not drop Aera on the floor.
- Do not place it near water or let it get wet.
- It’s OK to dust Aera with a damp cloth, but do not attempt to clean or otherwise service Aera as it could harm your diffuser.
- Do not paint or otherwise try to alter the color of the outer cover.
- NEVER transport the Aera diffuser with the unsealed fragrance capsule inside.
- Do not store unused fragrance capsules without first installing plugs to prevent fragrance leakage. Fragrance oils can damage wood and other delicate surfaces.