Some Samsung and other Android mobile devices need to make adjustments in their settings in order to connect the Aera device.
First, on your mobile device, go to Settings > Connections > Locations, and confirm you have Location services (or "Location switch") turned on. You will need that enabled for your phone to locate the Aera device.
Next, on your mobile device, open Settings > Connections > WiFi, and confirm that "Smart network switch" is disabled. You need that disabled for the phone to connect to the Aera. This option may also be found under "Advanced WiFi" in that WiFi menu, depending on your phone model.
Once you have checked to make sure Location services are enabled, and Smart network switch is disabled, reboot the diffuser and connect it by following these steps:
- Press and hold both “+” and “-” buttons on the top of your diffuser at the same time for 10 seconds, and release.
- All lights will blink once, signaling the start of the reboot.
- All lights will blink three more times, signaling the completion of the reboot.
- Open the Aeraforhome app, and it will begin configuration automatically, or you can go to Menu > My Aera and tap "+" to add a device.
- If you receive this error again, navigate to your WiFi settings on your phone, and tap the "Aera-xxxxxx" WiFi to connect to it. If prompted, please select "Use Without Internet.”
- Navigate back to the app, and retry the connection.